14 October 2008

Lucky Magazine-Breaks For November at Sword+Fern


Come by the shop all through this month and November to recieve 20% off storewide as part of LUCKY magazine's Lucky breaks!!
Also, Beautiful new handmade ceramics from Shoshona Snow have arrived!
In her own words:
I'm a huge design freak and am inspired by the mid-19th century to the mid-20th century. My work has a wonderful, tactile quality...you just want to touch, touch, touch. I love clean lines and clean colors.

Most of my work is thrown on the potter's wheel, although I do some hand building as well. I use fine grolleg porcelain. The entire outside surfaces are usually painted with a black slip (liquefied clay) and carved so the white porcelain beneath it is shown. This process is called sgraffito. The work is dried slowly and fired in the kiln. It is then glazed and fired once more to 2400 degrees F. The work becomes vitrified and durable and is food safe even when not glazed.

No comments:


magic is pyramidically attracting you to me